Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Introducing Witcher Wednesdays

I can't believe... my last post was 4 years ago. Not sure I should've acknowledged that.  It's fine! I am back and will be starting with a series of posts called Witcher Wednesdays (other topics will be slowly introduced between now and the start of Fall semester).

What are Witcher Wednesdays? On Sundays, I will be playing through the Witcher games (starting with the first one) on Twitch and then posting my thoughts and analysis on those sessions here on Wednesdays.

Why Witcher? There is no denying it, we all love the Witcher series in some form or another, whether it's the books, the Netflix series, or the games. As a gamer, I naturally started with the games, though I missed 1 & 2 when they were released and didn't have the time or funds for 3 when it was released. So I actually first got sucked in by watching other people playing on Twitch. Later I would binge-watch the tv series with my roommate and loved it (or Henry Cavill as the Witcher) so much I was sad when it was over. Reading the books is definitely on my list, but that one will take a while. In the meantime, enjoy this little teaser.

So, I start this week - or I did start. I started Witcher 1 last Sunday and will post my first blog on that play session tomorrow. If you'd like to participate in making game decisions you can join me Sundays 1 - 4 PM (central time) on my channel GamerAnthro. If you can't make Sundays, you can watch the video archives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment